Who are we?
Homeshield Direct Limited offers extended service plans for a range of domestic appliances such as washing machines, dish washers, tumble driers etc. These plans do not replace the manufacturers’ warranties but offer protection from future faults that may arise after the manufacturers’ warranties have expired.
Homeshield Direct Limited (“we”) is the “Data Controller” of your information. If you have any requests concerning your personal data or any queries with regard to how we handle your data you can contact us by phone on 0800 0236178, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Homeshield Direct Ltd, Heversham House, 20-22 Boundary Road, Hove, BN3 4EF.
Using Your Information
The personal data we process on you is:-
|Name, address, contact details and payment details||The personal data we use is obtained from a number of marketing research companies. We undertake due diligence on all our data suppliers to try and ensure that the appropriate consent has been given by you for your information to be used and to receive calls marketing calls from Homeshield Direct Ltd.|
|The details of the appliance/appliances to be included in any plan|
The personal data we have collected will be used as follows:-
- As necessary to enable us to fulfil our contract/contracts with you
- For our legitimate interests in undertaking marketing about our products and services by post, phone and email
- Checking and verifying your identity and contact details
- Where we are required to do so by law
Our legal basis for processing the personal data:
|Activity||The need to process||Lawful Basis|
|Completing service contract plan application by phone||Completing application process
Internal accounting processes
Provide you with information relating to the service plan
|Registering for an event||Dealing with a claim under a service contract plan||Contract|
|Email Marketing||To send information and marketing messages by email||Consent|
|Telephone||To contact you, from time to time, to discuss new plans, plan renewals, and new products you may be interested in||Consent|
|Post||To send you your service contract certificate and supporting documentation||Contract|
Homeshield Direct Limited will process personal data for three years and store the personal data for six years in support of any claims under the service plans.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:-
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Homeshield Direct Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Homeshield Direct Limited or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with Homeshield Direct Ltd’s data protection representatives or directly with the supervisory authority.
The supervisory body for the UK is: –
Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number