Terms and Conditions
What happens if my appliance breaks down?
- The first thing to do is get the details of your plan together with make and model of your appliance and phone our engineering department on 0800 0236178. It is sometimes possible to resolve appliance issues in this way.
- If the fault cannot be resolved over the phone, we will arrange for an engineer visit to inspect and repair your appliance. There are no limits to the number of repair calls you can make.
- If, in the engineer’s opinion, a repair is not possible, in most cases we will arrange to replace your appliance with one of the same or a similar specification.
- If we cannot reasonably arrange for a suitable replacement, we may opt to give you vouchers instead. The vouchers will be for the full retail price of an appliance from a retailer chosen by us.
- Please note that you will be responsible for the costs involved with delivery and installation costs of the new appliance and the disposal costs of your old appliance if yours is replaced.
- It is important to note that both these benefits are at our sole and total discretion. It is your responsibility to ensure we have been provided with correct make and model number to identify the appliance protected under the plan. Failure to observe this requirement may invalidate the plan and its benefits.
What are the limits of the plan?
- There is no limit to the number of repairs you can request. You must have paid a minimum of 35% of the cost of the plan to qualify for the repair service. If, however, the appliance is replaced then the plan relating to that appliance ends and the replacement reverts to the manufacturer’s warranty. Any balance outstanding to HomeShield Direct Ltd in respect of the plan must be paid in full.
The plan must have been in place for a minimum of forty five days to qualify for either the repair or replacement options.
- The plan does not cover pre-existing faults, faults due to generic manufacturing defects. If you miss any agreed payments, the exclusion period of 45 days will be suspended and will restart when your payments recommence. You confirmed that at the time of purchasing the plan, that your appliance is in good working order. Your appliance will not be covered if modified in a manner not approved by the manufacture.
- We cannot guarantee that any specific features of appliance will be able to be repaired or replaced. We will endeavour to replace your appliance with the best that we can within the limits set in your plan.
- If your appliance is integrated or forms part of a piece of furniture or unit(s) that need dismantling to gain access to repair or replace the appliance, then it is your responsibility and at your expense to arrange and authorise any such work required to gain access to the appliance. It must be easily accessible.
- Your product must have been installed, used and maintained as stated in the manufacturer’s user instructions. It must be owned by you and used for domestic use only and must be installed in a domestic home at the address you provided to us.
- If, for any reason, we are unable to obtain the initial payment from your debit/credit card, we will collect this from the next direct debit payment on the next available date.
What is not covered?
- Your plan does not cover accidental damage, cosmetic damage or blockages. It also does not cover appliances recalled that have been recalled by the manufacturer or any faults that have been caused, directly or indirectly, by faults with the domestic electricity or gas supply.
- The plan does not cover any consumables that may be used with the appliance such as light bulbs, batteries, fuses etc or the damage or loss of programs or other media saved to storage devices.
- The plan does not cover any fault to reduction in image retention on LED/LCD or plasma screens or projection TV screens.
- The plan does not cover any costs or loss of earnings which may occur as a result of not being able to use your appliance or the costs of waiting for an engineer, replacement appliance delivery, installation etc.
- We will not be liable for any damage caused to property or personal injury for any repairs we have not authorised, or repairs carried out by engineers not approved by us.
Your Right to Cancel
- You may cancel your plan within the “cooling off” period of 14 days. This period starts from the plan’s start date.
- If you cancel your plan within this cooling off period, you will receive a full refund. If, however, you have utilised any benefits of the plan during this period, we reserve the right to deduct any costs we have incurred from any refund we make to you.
- Your plan will be automatically renewed if you are paying your plan over twelve months or longer. We will notify you of this before the renewal date
- If you are paying your plan under a twelve month payment period then your plan will not be automatically renewed. We will contact you prior to the plan end date to discuss the renewal of the plan.
- If you would like to ensure your plan is automatically renewed to maintain continuity in the protection plan for your appliance, please contact us before the plan expiry date.
We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £75.00 for any changes or amendments you make to your plan(s)
Contract of Services
This plan is not categorised as an insurance product and therefore insurance regulations do not apply.
The plan is a contract of services and governed by UK laws and regulations concerning service contracts.
There is no transfer of financial risk or loss, as previously mentioned, as the benefits of the plan are at the sole discretion of HomeShield Direct Ltd.
Direct Debit Guarantee
(Applicable only to customers paying by Direct Debit) This Guarantee is oﬀered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits. If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit HomeShield Direct Ltd will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited, or as otherwise agreed. If you request HomeShield Direct Ltd to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request. If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by HomeShield Direct Ltd or your bank or building society or if you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when HomeShield Direct Ltd asks you to. You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society, written confirmation may be required; please also notify us.
If we are unable to enter your premises as the result of an unusual or unforeseeable event beyond our control, we shall not be in breach of this agreement. In these circumstances, we will require a reasonable extension of the time to perform the obligations under the plan. Force majeure events include but are not limited to civil disturbance, strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, war, riot, natural disaster, fire, flood, adverse weather conditions, and acts of God.
HomeShield Direct Limited will only use your information, which you or others may have provided to us, to provide the service agreed and for administration, including the recovery of any monies outstanding as and when applicable and marketing. We will not share your information with any third party other than as is necessary to comply with the terms of the agreement between us. (e.g. engineers, appliance supply companies, printers etc).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you are entitled to request a copy of the data we hold on you. There is no charge for this.
You can opt out of receiving marketing information from us by emailing Info@homeshielddirect.co.uk or writing to us at HomeShield Direct Ltd, 1st Floor East, Waterside House, Basin Road North, Hove, BN41 1UY.
How to complain.
If you wish to complain or you are unhappy with the service provided, please contact us on the freephone number 0800 0236178
HomeShield Direct Ltd is registered with the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman. If we are unable to resolve a complaint to our mutual satisfaction you have the right to ask the Ombudsman to arbitrate on the case. Tel: 0333 2413209. Email:email@example.com
English law will apply for any agreements between us.
Nothing in our terms and conditions will affect your statutory rights. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions, from time to time. The latest set of terms and conditions can be found on our web site at www.homeshielddirect.co.uk or by writing to us, requesting a copy, at the address shown above.
HomeShield Direct Limited registered in England and Wales. Reg no: 10175420. Registered Office UHY 168 Church Road, Hove BN3 2DL