Website Terms and Conditions
What happens if my appliance breaks down?
- The first thing to do is find your plan number together with the make and model of your appliance and phone our engineering department on 0800 0236178. It is sometimes possible to resolve appliance issues over the phone.
- If the fault cannot be resolved over the phone, we will arrange for an engineer to visit your premises, to inspect and repair your appliance as soon as reasonably possible. There are no limits to the number of repair calls you can make whilst covered by your plan.
- We cannot guarantee that any specific features of the appliance are able to be repaired or replaced. If this is the case, or the appliance is deemed beyond repair, we will endeavour to replace your appliance with the best model that we can within the limits of your plan. If, in the engineer’s opinion, a repair is not possible, in most cases we will arrange to replace your appliance with a model that has the same or a similar specification, up to a maximum value of £500 for a Standard Plan and £1,000 for a Premium plan. If you qualify for a replacement, you will always be provided with a brand new appliance and not a refurbished model. You must have paid for the plan in full to qualify for this option.
- If we cannot reasonably arrange for a suitable replacement, we may opt to give you vouchers instead. The vouchers will be for the price of the similar appliance we have offered and not exceed the maximum plan values as stated in 1.3. You must have paid for the plan in full to qualify for this option.
- Please note that you will be responsible for the costs involved with delivery and installation of the new appliance and the costs of the disposal of your old appliance if yours is replaced.
- It is important to note that both these benefits as set out in clauses 1.3 and 1.4 are at our sole and total discretion.
What are the limits of the plan?
- There is no limit to the number of repairs you can request whilst your plan is active. For 3 year plans you must have paid a minimum of 35% of the cost of the plan to qualify for the repair service. Please note, for one year plans, the cost of the plan has to have been paid in full in order to qualify for the repair or discretionary replacement service. If the appliance is replaced, then the plan relating to that appliance ends and you may be offered a new plan to run alongside the manufacturer’s warranty. There will be no obligation to accept this plan.
- The plan must have been in place for a minimum of 45 days to qualify for either the repair or replacement options.
- The plan does not cover pre-existing faults or faults due to generic manufacturing defects. If you miss any agreed payments, the exclusion period of 45 days will stop and will resume when your payments recommence. You confirmed that at the time of purchasing the plan, that your appliance is in good working order. Your appliance will not be covered if modified in a manner not approved by the manufacturer.
- The plan does not cover impairment to functionality or damage caused by insects or animals
- If your appliance is integrated or forms part of a piece of furniture or unit(s) that need dismantling to gain access to repair or replace the appliance, then it is your responsibility to arrange and authorise any such work required to gain access to the appliance and at your own expense.
- All appliances must be easily accessible otherwise the engineer may be unable to carry out necessary works and you may incur a charge for this service.
- It is your responsibility to ensure there are no hazards that could be deemed a health and safety risk to our engineers and other contractors. If our engineer/ contactors deem there is any such a risk, they have the right to cancel the visit. A report of any such incident will be given to us, stating the reasons for their decision. We will then try to resolve this issue with you.
- Your product must have been installed, used and maintained as stated in the manufacturer’s user instructions. It must be owned by you, used for domestic use only and must be installed in a domestic home at the address you provided to us.
- It is your obligation to ensure that payments to us are made in full as per the arrangement set out in your Payment Schedule.
- It is your obligation to ensure we have been provided with the correct make and model number to identify the appliance protected under the plan. Failure to observe this requirement may invalidate the plan and its benefits.
What is not covered?
- Your plan does not cover accidental damage, cosmetic damage or blockages. It also does not cover appliances that have been recalled by the manufacturer or any faults that have been caused, directly or indirectly, by faults with the domestic electricity or gas supply.
- The plan does not cover any consumables that may be used with the appliance such as light bulbs, batteries, fuses or the damage or loss of programs or other media saved to storage devices.
- The plan does not cover any fault to reduction in image retention on LED/LCD or plasma screens or projection TV screens.
4.4 The plan does not cover any costs or loss of earnings which may occur as a result of not being able to use your appliance or the costs of waiting for an engineer, replacement appliance delivery, installation etc.
- We will not be liable for any personal injury unless caused by our own negligence, nor any damage caused to property for any repairs we have not authorised, or repairs carried out by our contractors and / or engineers not approved by us.
- Your plan will be automatically renewed at the end of its term. We will notify you of this before the renewal date.
- We reserve the right not to offer you a renewed plan.
Paying by Direct Debit
- If you have chosen to pay by monthly direct debit, you must make regular payments as detailed in the payment schedule, as set out in the protection plan documents. If we are unable to collect a payment
from your bank, we may attempt to request payment again.
- Payments will be collected monthly on your selected payment date (or on the next working day if a weekend or bank holiday)
- If you have received any introductory discounts to the cost of the plan (e.g. half price for the first three months) payments will be increased to the full amount after the discount period.
- If your direct debit payments lapse, your plan will be suspended from the due date. Any requests for repairs under the plan, will not be considered unless payment is received.
- We reserve the right to alter and amend your payment schedule to recover missed payments on your contract. We will inform you of the changes in writing before payments are collected in line with regulatory requirements.
We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £45.00 for any changes or amendments you make to your plan(s).
Updates and Amendments to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions or any plan, at any time and at our sole discretion.
This plan is not categorised as an insurance product and therefore insurance regulations do not apply.
There is no transfer of financial risk or loss, as previously mentioned, as the benefits of the plan are at the sole discretion of HomeShield Direct Ltd.
If we are unable to enter your premises or are unable to fulfil all or part of the terms and conditions relating to your plan as the result of an unusual or unforeseeable event beyond our control, we shall not be in breach of this agreement. In these circumstances, we may require a reasonable extension of time to perform the obligations under the plan. Otherwise, should we be entirely prevented from executing the terms and conditions of the plan for 180 days due to a force majeure, the terms of the plan will terminate. Force majeure events include but are not limited to civil disturbance, strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, war, riot, natural disaster, fire, flood, adverse weather conditions, and acts of God.
HomeShield Direct Limited will only use your information, which you or others may have provided to us, to provide the service agreed and for administration purposes, including the recovery of any monies outstanding, as and when applicable, and marketing. We will not share your information with any third party other than as is necessary to comply with the terms of the agreement between us. (e.g. engineers, appliance supply companies, printers etc.) and for analytical purposes (e.g. Trustpilot).
Our privacy notice is included as part of your information pack and is also available on our website: www.homeshielddirect.co.uk/privacy-policy. This fully explains your rights under the UK General Data
You can opt out of receiving marketing information from us by emailing Info@homeshielddirect.co.uk or writing to us at HomeShield Direct Ltd, Heversham House, 18-22 Boundary Road, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 4AN.
How to complain
If you wish to complain or you are unhappy with the service provided, please contact us on the freephone number 0800 0236178.
HomeShield Direct Ltd is registered with the Dispute Resolution Ombudsman. If we are unable to resolve a complaint to our mutual satisfaction you have the right to ask the Ombudsman to arbitrate on the case. Tel: 0333 2413209. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to any ongoing payment plans you have with us, we reserve the right to charge any outstanding charges or payments directly to any of the debit, credit card or direct debit details which you have provided us. By accepting these terms, you authorise us to do so. We will give you reasonable notice before making the charge.
In addition to, or instead of, re-presenting failed Direct Debit and Card Payments, we reserve the right to amend and or increase future payments to take account of any missed payments. We will inform you of any new or revised payment in advance, in line with regulatory requirements.
If payments are not received or are not received on time, the plan(s) may be suspended and any requests for service under the plans will not be considered until the plan(s) is/are paid for in full. Persistent non-payment will result in the plan(s) being cancelled.
If you do not keep up to date with the payment schedule you have agreed this may affect your ability to claim. Late or non-payment may result in your exclusion period being reactivated, a lower amount of your claim being paid or a refusal of your claim. We will notify you of any late or missed payments on your account.
The courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement (including a dispute regarding the existence, validity or termination of this agreement).
Nothing in our terms and conditions will affect your statutory rights.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions, from time to time. The latest set of terms and conditions can be found on our web site at www.homeshielddirect.co.uk or by writing to us, requesting a copy at the address shown above.
Your Right to Cancel
You may cancel your plan within the cooling off period of 14 days. This period starts from the day after the plan was agreed.
If you cancel your plan within this cooling off period, you will receive a full refund. If, however, you have utilised any benefits of the plan during this period, we reserve the right to deduct any costs we have incurred from any refund we make to you.
Our Right to Cancel or Discharge Your Plan
Failure to comply with your obligations under the plan and these terms and conditions, may result in us bringing your plan to an end.